Sunday, February 15, 2009

Award from Claudie

Last Sunday I received an award that really touched my heart from Claudie at Bubblin Over. She created her very own friendship award called “If the Shoe Fits - Wear It!”

 Bubblin Over award from Claudie at Bubblin Over February 2009

Description of the award:

Finding the Heart and “Sole” of Friendship. It is the perfect “platform” for recognizing that each of us wears unique qualities of friendship (like a favorite pair of shoes that we wear comfortably and repeatedly). These qualities contribute to the lives of others.

Claudie bestowed the award on the following bloggers:

I am honored to be among the first to receive her special award. She had vey nice things to say about each of us. All she asked was that we “pass this award on to 3 friends that have made a contribution in your life”

I have spent the week trying to decide who to pass the award along to….. The first two bloggers I thought of Claudie had already bestowed the award….

  • Susan at Between Naps on the Porch- I stumbled upon her blog and fell in love with tablescapes. I emailed her and she encouraged me to start a blog and join in…. so I did in December 2008…and have participated in nine Tablescape Thursday/Tuesdays! Susan and I continue to find we have more things in common (other than our names, living in Georgia, and our love for tablescapes)….. she is an amazing lady!
  • Sheila from: The Quintessential Magpie- I have only been blogging for 9 weeks and sweet Sheila (I think) has commented on EVERY post of mine the last 6 weeks. If I had been asked, I would have said that was impossible to do! She is a sweet lady, always encouraging and caring!

Since these two ladies have already received the award I will choose three others….just as deserving!

I followed these ladies blogs for awhile….before I even started a blog. They helped inspire me to start my very own blog. They have inspired me to make my house more of a home. I was/am honored that they have followed my blog since week 1 and I look forward to their posts and comments every day! I would like them to receive Claudie’s special award, with much love & friendship.

Thanks for continuing to inspire me to do more and be more! Ladies, if you will, pass this award on to 3 friends that have made a contribution in your life.

12 comments:

  1. Awwww! Susan you are the sweetest friend! Thank you so much for thinking of me and passing this special award on to me. I'm truly honored. It's just precious and very meaningful!

    Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan, thank you soooo much!!! I'm so honored, what a wonderful award and such kind words. You are such an inspiration to me and I always look forward to my visits here.
    Have a great Sunday,
    hugs Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan
    I can't believe you have only been blogging since Dec. 2008. I'm BUBBLIN' OVER.
    I've always said "where there's a will there's a way" and you are the proof to the saying.
    I'm so happy you accepted my award with such kindness and gracefulness. You are a true Southern Bell.
    Keep up the great work.
    Love Claudie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on such a heartfelt award Susan. Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, it is always a pleasure to comment on your blog posts because you are a very special blogging friend! :-) And you, in turn, are so good about commenting to me and other people in return. I'm proud of you! And I'm happy that you were honored by Claudie, and I was thrilled to be honored, too. :-)

    Great post and great choices for your recipients!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Congrats on the award...and you've only been blogging since December? Wow! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Girl I am so Happy for you..and I just love Lynne so very glad to see you give her this..and that shoe on the award my daughter got me one like that at Christmas time..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, what a sweet and pretty award! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. susan, what an honor. I enjoy reading your blog daily and learning from you as well... I'll be posting it soon..
    hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Susan,
    Congratulations!! You are so deserving of this award! I LOVE your blog - keep up the good work!!

    You named some wonderful women to pass the baton to. I love them all and agree on your choices!
    Blessing to you,
    Kymber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your award. I think you're very well deserving. I would of never guessed you've only been blogging since Dec. You seem to be a blog pro.

    Have a happy day

    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!