Gollum at Designs by Gollum is the hostess for “Foodie Friday” (clicking on the logo on the right will take you to her site)
Today I am sharing my chicken salad recipe. I don’t think I have ever made chicken salad the exact same twice!
I start with the basic ingredients:
- 1/2 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light or regular sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 3 cups red and white seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
Stir together first five ingredients in a large bowl. Add chopped chicken and grapes, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Variations (other stuff that often gets tossed in):
- Chopped green onion
- raisins or dried cranberries (instead of grapes)
- walnuts or cashews (instead of pecans)
- sweet relish
- instead of salt and pepper, any combination of seasoned salt, onion salt/powder, garlic salt/powder (whatever I each in and grab out of my spice drawer)
What is in you favorite chicken salad? I recently found an apricot chicken salad I want to try (I’ll let you know after I try it)
Thanks for visiting my blog. Visit Gollum at Designs by Gollum for more “Foodie Friday” participants.