I have been blogging less than a month and this week I received not one but two awards! I am honored and humbled. Thank you ladies for the awards!
My first award is the Lemonade Award from one of my blog followers, Lynette at Lynette's L.A.M. Blog.
Lynette started her blog this past fall when she found herself at odds and needed to find something to do with herself after her daughter started college. Her blog “L.A.M.” stands for “Life after Megan” (how sweet!). Check out her blog when you get a chance. She recently posted about some gorgeous wooden pieces her father crafted…and they are gorgeous!
There aren't any real rules to this award…. show some blog love to the person who gave it to you ( blog love to Lynette) and then pass it to 10 other bloggers…….
I chose the following bloggers because when life gave them lemons they made/did something with them! (clicking on their blog name will open the post in a new window that shows you what they did with their lemons!):
- Artie at Color Outside the Lines – centerpiece
- Becky at Looking Through the Eyes of Luv – peppermint lemons
- Debbie at Confessions of a Plate Addict - preserve centerpiece
- Jane at Blondie's Journal - mantelscape
- Once in a Blue Moon – homemade limoncello
- Rose at A Santamaker's Journey – lemons in a pediment
- Sheila at Note Songs – lemonade
- Susan at Between Naps on a Porch – centerpiece
- Suzie at Suzie Button Creations - lemonade and lemon cake
- Trish at Mennonite Girls Can Cook – Lemon Coconut n’ Honey Cake
My second award is the Proximidade Award from Sweetie at Sweetie's World whom I “met” through Pink Saturday.
Sweetie started her blog last summer. She recently posted instructions on how to keep your Christmas poinsettia alive….. go check it out!
This award focuses on the friendships that blossom here in blog land.
Blogs who receive this award are 'exceedingly charming' say its authors. This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
According to the rules I must mention eight more bloggers to share this with….
The following bloggers have frequently commented on my posts which has made me feel welcomed into blog land. They “aim to find and be friends” and deserve this award! Please visit their sites and see what makes them so special……. (clicking on their blog name will open the link in a new window)
- A New Day Dawning (Kymber)
- Blinks n Winks from Brown-Eyes (Bo)
- Bargain Hunting with Laurie (Laurie)
- Lynne's Gifts From the Heart (Lynne)
- Melissa's Heart and Home (Melissa)
- Salmagundi (Sally)
- The Quintessential Magpie (Sheila)
- Designs by Gollum (Gollum)
Thanks again Lynette and Sweetie!