It’s time for “Outdoor Wednesday”. What is “Outdoor Wednesday”?
Every Wednesday participants will be posting pictures of anything outdoor on their blog. It can be something outside of your home such as your porch, deck, patio, garden or lawn. Your photo can be outdoor shots of the beach, forest or mountains. (We don’t want to exclude anyone who might not have a yard). Or, you could simply post pictures of a favorite plant or flower. Only rule is it has to be outside!
1. POST- Post your outdoor photos and the Outdoor Wednesday logo/button on your blog and link back to A Southern Daydreamer (link) so that others will be able to find all the links to other Outdoor Wednesday posts.
2. (Optional) PLACE LOGO - Place the Outdoor Wednesday logo/button on the sidebar of your blog. It lets others know you will be participating in future Outdoor Wednesdays.
Reminder: Do NOT link in until after your post is up.
3. LINK NAME & PERMALINK- Enter your name and the Permalink to your post (NOT your general blog address) in “Mr Linky”.
- Why use a permalink instead of your general blog address? A permalink points to a specific blog post after it has passed from the front page to the archives. It will make it easier for readers to find your Outdoor Wednesday posts whenever they get a chance to visit.
- To create a Permalink: Either 1) right click on Outdoor Wednesday post and “Copy Shortcut/Link Location” or 2) click on your Outdoor Wednesday post title and copy the URL from the http window.
- Copy your permalink into “Mr Linky” URL box next to your name and select ENTER. You are finished. You should see your name listed on my site.
On Wednesday morning as many of you are waking up I will be sitting in a hospital waiting room waiting for my husband who will be having outpatient hand surgery. It isn’t major……but he is still my best friend…. and I don’t look forward to see him suffer and in pain. I hope we are home by mid-day and I can sit at my laptop and watch him sleep nearby.
I wasn’t sure what to post for this week’s Outdoor Wednesday. It has been dreary and rainy lately and the lack of sunshine has certainly been noticed by ME! I walked out onto our deck today and sighed….it was still overcast and no sign of the sun. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something….some color! What?
When I bought this tree over ten years ago it was tagged a cherry tree. I soon discovered it was a flowering plum tree. I couldn’t believe my eyes today when I saw it was beginning to bloom!
I had to go get my camera and get a few pictures!
Some pictures I took last year on a sunny day. This tree has beautiful bark and beautiful blooms.
I will try to take some more pictures over the next few days. Hopefully we won’t have a heavy rain or windy day which would whisk away my beautiful blooms. I know, it’s a silly tree….. but the signs of spring were what I needed today!
Don’t forget to visit other Outdoor Wednesday participants by clicking on their links. Check back later to make certain you visit all the Outdoor Wednesday participants.
We had 36 participants in the Outdoor Wednesday ! I want to thank again the following for posting (clicking on their name will take you to their Outdoor Wednesday post): Tam, Melissa, Patti Cakes, Sheila, Debbie, carolinajewel, Diane, pendy, Kathy, Cielo, Maryrose, Kathy b, Lana, Anne Marie, Wendy, Kathleen M, claudie, Cindy, sue, Robyn, Margaret, Katherinellen, Merisi, Kathy, Alfazema, CC Catherine, Diane, Lisa, Madeline, JudyBug, Charlotte, Mamapippa, Mumzie, ellen b, Cam, Beth