Gollum at Designs by Gollum is the hostess for “Foodie Friday” (clicking on the logo on the right will take you to her site)
I love breakfast foods…..any time of day…. Here is one of my favorites… Croissant French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Syrup…. yummy……
Croissant French Toast With Fresh Strawberry Syrup
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 4 minutes
- Yield : Makes 4 servings
- 4 large day-old croissants
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (optional)
- Fresh Strawberry Syrup (see recipe below)
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour into a shallow dish.
- Dip croissant halves into egg mixture, coating well.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add four croissant halves, and cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat procedure with remaining butter and croissant halves.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; top with Sweetened Whipped Cream, if desired, and Fresh Strawberry Syrup.
Fresh Strawberry Syrup
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Stand: 30 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- Yield: Makes about 2 cups
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, and let stand 30 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until warm.
Have a great weekend!