Monday, March 9, 2009

Long day today…… and a surprise!

My father-in-law had knee surgery today… all went well and he is going to be fine…. but it made the day busier than normal….. and I am behind visiting my friends (blogs)…..

BUT…….LOOK WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL~ a surprise!

Mar9

One of last week’s Outdoor Wednesday participants, Curtiss Ann Matlock, sent me one of HER books, the soon-to-be re-released Sweet Dreams at the Goodnight Motel !

Mar9a

Curtiss Ann Matlock and her blog Pressing On joined us in last week’s Outdoor Wednesday for the first time (I hope she will be back again). She generously gave away her books to the first four people who commented on her post…and I was one of the lucky ones!

Biography from her official website:

Curtiss Ann Matlock is the author of nearly forty books and short stories in romance and women’s fiction genres. With over 7 million copies in print worldwide, her books have earned rave reviews, spots on the USA TODAY bestseller list and numerous awards.

Born in Elizabeth City, North Carolina, in 1951, into a family of avid readers, Curtiss Ann began reading before entering first grade and was writing vignettes while still in elementary school. Her writing career began in her early thirties, with publication of two small, warm-hearted articles about her life, for which she received a total of $100. She was so enthused at this success that she immediately started writing her first novel. She also enrolled in the professional writing program at the University of Oklahoma, studying under the distinguished writer and teacher Jack Bickham and bestselling mystery novelist, Carolyn Hart. In her second year of study, Curtiss Ann experienced the dream of selling the first novel she ever wrote, a romance, to Harlequin Books.

Told with a strong Southern voice, her insightful stories portray the uncommon valor of everyday people and the humor, heartbreak, and shining graces of small-town life. In 1999, Lost Highways was published by Mira Books. The book was nominated for a RITA Award in women’s fiction and began the warm-hearted and funny series about the lives of the beloved characters in the fictional Valentine, Oklahoma. The most recent and sixth book of the Valentine series, Sweet Dreams at the Goodnight Motel, was a 2005 Oklahoma Book Award Finalist.

Curtiss Ann lives with her husband and a number of cats in Oklahoma and Alabama.

Thank you Curtiss Ann for the autographed copy of your book. I am honored… and will treasure it!

Curtis Ann Matlock has two reprints coming out April 1 at Wal-mart (Cold Tea on a Hot Day and Sweet Dreams at the Goodnight Motel AND coming (new) in May 2009, Chin Up, Honey.

Visit Curtis Ann’s blog “Pressing On” HERE and her official website HERE.

Don’t forget to come back Wednesday for Outdoor Wednesday……. you NEVER know who you might meet!

Outdoor Wednesday logo

32 comments:

  1. How nice that you won the books. They look very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you Susan!

    You'll have to let us know how you liked them.

    Thanks again for your help this afternoon, I greatly appreciate it.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, I offer my best wishes to your FIL with his recovery from his knee surgery...I had double knee replacements two years ago on the same day..I am like a new woman with no pain and can do everything except kneel on them..I had bone on bone for two years before my surgery..

    The book that you won looks like a winner..She has written many books and I will buy one and visit her blog..

    Thanks for your visit to my place today..
    Hugs, Baba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    That is wonderful! What an interesting looking book.
    That was so kind of her.

    I'm glad your FIL is doing okay.

    Have a wonderful week.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful Susan..and I do pray your FIL is going to be ok...he will be in my prayers girl!! Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad all went well with the surgery. That's a very nice book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan, I am glad your father in law's surgery went well. How nice to get an autographed book by Curtiss Ann Matlock!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan,
    Congrats on the book and I could kick myself for not finding that post last week. LOL, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool Susan..congratulations! And I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well. I know that's got to make things a little better ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susan,
    Let us know how you like the book. She sounds like a wonderful writer. Congrats to you! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad the surgery went well! That is really neat to receive the book. Once it gets warm out and camping season begins--I will be on the lookout for some good books to relax in the sun with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the autographed copy of her book and on the success of your fil's surgery. Must have been painful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad your FIL is on the mend! How fun to have a new book to read. I'm glad you won of her give-aways! :D Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad your pop-in law is doing well after the surgery and wow - how lucky for you!! That book looks incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How neat is that, Susan! And you would know, last week was the first week I didn't do Outdoor Wednesday because I was just buried! And I always comment early and for everyone. Shucks! I would have gotten one of the books, too, but I'm certainly glad you did, Susan! I can live vicariously through you! :-)

    I hope your FIL is better. I came over to check on you after I read this on my blog. I fell alseep trying to write my post last night. I got it posted, but I left out a picture (one of my friends told me!) and still haven't checked to see what else. LOL!

    Sending love to you and get well wishes to your FIL...

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've had both of my knees replaced (two separate surgeries) and it's a horrible surgery with terrible rehab, but the end result is less pain. Therefore, it's worth it. Tell your FIL to do his exercises; that's so important.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great mail day! I hope your FIL has a speedy recovery!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. How sweet - Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Susan, congrats! I won a copy, too! I was actually the 5th comment, but since the 4th one was her replying to a someone, that made me the 4th commenter! Yay for us both!

    Chandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Susan that's fantastic, what a nice surprise. Enjoy it...I hope to capture the spirit of my "strange" outdoors to post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on being a recipient of her book...I'll have to check out her blog. Also, it's good to hear all went well for your FIL..
    see ya tomorrow! ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great surprise to find in your mailbox :-) Much better than bills!! ;-)

    Enjoy reading your new book :-)

    Wishing your FIL a speedy recovery...

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, my, and now you have surprised me! Thanks for passing the word.

    I just got some great pics for Outdoor Wednesday. Thanks for getting me looking outside.

    Hope your FIL recovers well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are one lucky lady! I visited her blog and am going to try to read some of her books. Hope your father-in-law has a speedy recovery! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on the book win! I am so with you on feeling overwhelmed when you are behind on blog reading, I feel like I am neglecting my blogging buddies! Hope you have a wonderful day and hope to be back for outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Susan, what a fun surprise! This blogging world is just full of fun surprises. I hope your f-i-l recovers quickly. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations Susan! When you are through reading it, you will have to give us a little tease about it. Getting my post ready for tommorrow! Hope your FIL gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry I have been away. Been alright but had things on my mind. I'll save my photos for next week and post an OW. John's not feeling well but saw his doctor today. He's upped his meds. Have a great week. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am sorry that your FIL had to have surgery, I hope he feels better soon.

    Congrats on the book, that is wonderful. You will have to give us a book report when you are done reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW.DON;T YOU FEEL SO SPECIAL?Man I would.And she is soo pretty too.I am going to here website.Thank you for introducing her to us...ann

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have read several of her books she is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I tried to leave a comment on the Outdoor Wednesday post, but it did not work.

    Your garden is looking beautiful already.

    It's been raining and the ground is soggy, but I will soon be out to survey my side and back yards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!