Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tablescape Tuesday

Last week I showed you our dining room table decorated for Christmas for my first Tablescape Tuesday hosted by Susan and her blog Between Naps on the Porch.

Today I would like to share with you today’s kitchen tablescape! (I say today, because it changes often)

table

Today's table consists of a bronze charger (from Hobby Lobby), Nikko's Happy Holidays Christmas dinner plate and flatware, and a green earthenware salad plate (from Cracker Barrel). The stemware is a simple glass with holly and berries.

view

Here is a picture of the simple place setting. The salad plate has a raised design that is almost too pretty to cover up with food.

place1

and a picture of the Nikko Happy Holiday dinner plate….

place2

The plates are easy to mix and match with any salad plate. Here’s another salad plate with the dinner plate.

option2

Since this is the last Tablescape Tuesday before Christmas, I thought I would share two other place settings from the kitchen table. The first uses a green earthenware dinner plate (from Cracker Barrel) and a salad plate from Queens multicolor Christmas. I love the non-traditional colors of the plate!

option3

And here is the same dinner plate with the Nikko Happy Holidays luncheon plate.

option4

See how easy it is to mix and match the dishes? My family enjoys seeing the dishes change from week to week…..

To see more of the Christmas decorations in the kitchen click here .

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my second Tablescape Tuesday and don't forget to visit Susan's blog Between Naps on the Porch to see more wonderful table settings!

TableScapeTuesday Logo

Technorati Tags:

16 comments:

  1. How delightful and fun! I LOVE how you've layered the plates and how one tablescape can look so many ways by changing a single dish. Your table is beautiful--and I adore the placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every way you placed your plates looked great! I love the way you mixed them up. Those with the raised Christmas tree are so unique. Beautiful job. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Holly dishes. Very pretty ideas. mishelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this so pretty...I think I need to make a trip to Cracker Barrel... ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the colours and layering of plates....perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This all looks so wonderful, amazing how easy it is to have an entirely different look with just a few subtle changes;) Love the Christmas tree plates;) French

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan! I love the green and bronze together. So rich. How fun to have all those christmas tree plates! The Christmas tree in the background really is a lovely backdrop!
    A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan, these are wonderful. I love the salad plates mixed in. The holly plate is adorable.. I'm still being a good girl and haven't been to Cracker Barrel. Almost caved today...almost being the key word..lol.
    Happy Holidays darling..hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful tablescape Susan! Your dishes are beautiful.

    I really have to watch out when I'm at Cracker Barrel. They always have neat things, to entice my dish addiction!

    Great Tablescape Tuesday Post.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh your first place setting is my favorite! i love green, gold and white, just wonderful! lots of great holiday dishes, thanks for sharing and happy holiday~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table is really pretty! You have an abundance of dishes, I might need to borrow them sometimes. LOL! Your other tablescape is really pretty too. Have a Merry Christmas!! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table with all of its changes is wonderful. I especially love those green dishes with the embossed tree. I can see using those all year long! Merry Christmas. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh Susan! Can I just come live at your house? You have such a great eye for putting things together. Everything looks great. Your family must feel so spoiled.
    You are doing such a great job at blogging - keep up the great work -you are VERY inspiring!
    Take Care,
    Kymber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tablescape caught my eye immediately...it's so pretty. I love those plates you found at Cracker Barrel. I am always shopping at Cracker Barrel--they have the best plates. Congratulations on a great tablescape and you have a new follower:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI SUSAN,

    THIS IS REALLY BEAUTIFUL!
    I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED SAGE GREENS USED AT CHRISTMAS.

    ~ENJOY THE HOLIDAY.~MELISSA :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The green salad plates are my favorite! What fun it must be at your table for your guests, and the wondering..."what will she do next?!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!