Thursday, December 18, 2008

Decorated for Christmas: the Living Room

Come on into the living room and check out the decorations.

living room

The tree on the left is a live tree (that is quickly drying out). If you look closely behind it, you can see how high one could reach without getting out the ladder or setting up a scaffold. Don't worry it is "on the list" to be done after the holidays!

The china cabinet has village pieces that were gifts from my Mom years ago. I like  having them up top where they won't get broken.

china top 

Inside the china cabinet are some of my Santa's and snow globes

IMG_1676

To the left of the china cabinet is my Santa tree. A tree full of Santa's.... how fun is that!!

IMG_1686

Lots of Santa's....

IMG_1687

Behind the Santa tree next to the front door are some of my nutcrackers (and Santa's under the table)

IMG_1689

Back into the living room and to the fireplace

fireplace

and more nutcrackers! Would you believe I have even more nutcrackers? Last year my dining room was full of nutcrackers on the sideboard, table and 2 trees. This year they have moved to .......  the garland on the stairway and hallway! Come back soon and I will have photos of the nutcrackers....

Technorati Tags:

12 comments:

  1. OOO...very nice! Two trees are always better then one..LOL! And that is a Santa Collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Susan, This is so magical. I love all your Santa's and Nutcrackers. Another reminder to self.. still don't have out nutcrackers or village..self says "maybe next year" . Girl I just realized it's a week from today.. YIKES!! I best get busy, finish the shopping, make the candies and wrap some presents.lol hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning, Susan! Oh, I love your decorations! All those little Santas and nutcrackers! Your home is beautiful too!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a joy to find your blog today with all of your beautiful decor. I love your taste!! I will be visiting often.
    Blessings
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO GLAD YOU CAME TO MY BLOG.NOW I'VE FOUND YOU.YOUR HOME IS LOVELY.NOW I'VE GOT TO GO SEE YOUR FIRST TABLESCAPE...ANN

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your Santa tree, the mantle,the way your china is displayed--and the whimsical little village atop the cabinet. The idea of two trees is such a great one. I'm aiming for that next year (busy taking notes!).
    Hope you are having a peaceful, wonderful December day.
    Gollum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful!
    I have a hutch similar to yours. I wasn't sure how to decorate the top -yours is so lovely the way you have the garland and the village placed. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan,
    Thank you for coming by my blog today. I do appreciate it very much.

    Your home and all your decor' is just gorgeous. Beautiful Christmas trees and I love your dining room! ~WOW~

    Come back for a visit anytime. You're always welcome! ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be like a kid in a candy store at your space. How fun is all of the Santa, snow globes, wow Susan this is awesome.
    Happy Holidays
    blossom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    Just wanted to welcome you to being a new follower of my blog! Love your header with your tablescape...I use the same color scheme.
    I'm hosting a Christmas Cookie Recipe Exchange on my blog, please come participate & spread the word. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan...you have such a gorgeous home...and you must know I'm digging your Santa tree...LOL
    I loved seeing everything! ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the trees, especially the Santa tree. We have some of the same Santa ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!