Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Help with “My Blog List”

I am new to blogging but I am learning new things every day! Today I figured something out about “My Blog List” and I thought I would share it with you.

If you customize the layout of your blog you can add all types of gadgets. One of these is “Blog List”

bloglist1

I added this gadget to my blog without much thought shortly after I started my blog. Since then, I have added blogs by selecting “Follow this blog” on various blogs that I like to visit. Recently, I looked at my blog list on my home page and wondered “Where are the blogs I added?”

Yes, I know I can go to “Dashboard” and look at the blogs I am following from there…but I want to see them from my blog! So, off I went to investigate…. I went to my layout page…and aha! there is an edit button! (insert DUH here)

bloglist2

Okay so I am going to edit…. I see some of my blogs I am following but I want to add the others… so I select “Add to the list”

bloglist3

and  I see as an option “Blogs I am following”… that is what I want! (There is also add by URL and import from Google Reader)…..

bloglist4

When I selected”Blogs I am Following”, up popped a list of all the “missing” blogs! All I had to do was select boxes for each blog and select “Save”…. and now all the blogs I am following are on my blog page!

Okay, so many of you may have already known this…but I bet a few of you didn’t! A new year is around the corner…go clean up your blog list! All kinds of configurations are available…….. you can sort them a few ways, and you can select which way they are shown (icon, most recent title, snippet of most recent, date of last update). I went with a simple list since I have so many, but there are many options! [Note: DON’T FORGET TO HIT SAVE!]

bloglist3

Just a little tidbit I thought I would share…… I will probably share things like this from time to time as I discover them…. perhaps they will be of help to some!

Technorati Tags: ,

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, Susan! I added you both to my blog list and to the list of blogs I follow. I've got you on both so I won't lose you, LOL! ;-)

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are good at this! I really appreciate the tip. If you find out any more blogger stuff I'm definitly interested.
    Thanks, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile...as when I first found this gadget...did the exact same thing thought...where are they. Managed to sort if through though....good idea posting re this...anyway wishing you a Healthy and Happy 2009

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Susan,
    I found this feature by trial and error, but there are so many things that I DON'T know about - that any help along the way is nice. I always see things that are done on other blogs and think "how did they do that!

    I would love to read about ANY new features that you find.

    Thanks again for your informative post!
    Happy New Year!
    Kymber

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know this but will investigate thanks for the heads up;) French

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip! I saw you on Melissa's blog and wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Susan for the tip..i do every thing my trial and error for me..the hard way..may you have a safe and blessed year to come...hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Susan! I did not know this...now, how about the pull down on the RSS feeds? How did you get that?
    Keep those technical discoveries coming...PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I needed you when I started. This is so nice of you to show this. I have a terribel time changing my background. It took me 2 weeks to figure out how to put the christmas wreaths in the back ground. Thank you,
    blossom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susan...this was a great help to so many new bloggers I'm sure...I've only been blogging about 3 months and I'm still fumbling & stumbling along...Happy New Year! ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the "DON'T FORGET TO HIT SAVE"! So many times, I am so proud of getting something accomplished on my blog, I forget to click on "save" and end up having to do it all over again! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep those tips coming!! Everything I do on the computer is trial and error - I just keep pushing buttons until something works. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan, you are going to have a popular blog for posting these helpful tips.You are good at explaining. I wish I was.Another thing is....if you can't figure something out just ask and you will get alot of help that way too.Keep up the good tips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for helping so many of us. Still slightly new at blogging I'm always wondering "how did they do that?"
    Have a graet New Years and stop by sometime!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I appreciate this so much! I am still learning..thanks for sharing! And I was tickled to see I'm in your blog list--Thank You!
    Cheers and blessing for a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the info. b/c I have alot more blogs on my dashboard than on my blogroll list, but I'm off to try & fix that! Thanks & have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My thought is that no question is ever stupid and that all information is needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Susan- thanks for sharing this as I have alot of blogs also that I follow but are not on my blog list- Well I am off to fix it!!

    Happy New Year

    mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting - although since I use WordPress, it doesn't help me! I have often second-guessed myself, thinking maybe I should have gone with blogger. Regardless, I enjoy your blog and I enjoy YOU. Happy New Year!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  20. One thing that helps me is arrange by "recently updated". When I click on my blog I know the ones at the top I have not read yet. Before I had to scroll down and look at each blog.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm laughing...It takes someone with "new eyes" to get me to see what I need to do. I've been want to refresh my list, as some bloggers have stopped and there are so many new ones it add. Thank you!! laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!