Sunday, December 21, 2008

12/21- A Southern Daydreamer Week in Review

Week in Review

My first week of blogging and I have enjoyed it. Thank you for welcoming me to blog land! Christmas is coming (quickly) so most of my posts were Christmas-related.

This weeks posts: (clicking on post title will open link in a new window)

There were a few questions among the comments. I am not sure how everyone else handles questions, but I thought I would answer them here: (I hope I didn't miss any)

Comment Questions Answered:  

  • “This glorious decorating is all in your master bedroom?” from Bo of Blinks N’ Winks From Brown-Eyes- Yes! I love Christmas! I like to curl up in bed with the lights on in the room. For many years I only decorated “public” areas of the house……but the decorations have spread into every room!
  • “How many trees do you put up?” from Kathleen of Kathleen Ellis- My kids help (put their trees up in their rooms). Total trees this year: 10 trees 6 feet or taller, 5 trees less then 6 feet tall, and 2 small wall trees (and I couldn’t do it all without my daughter’s help!)
  • "Are those little frames you're using to put the photos in?" from Sheila of Note Songs - Yes, most are frame ornaments that I picked up everywhere. Some are simply small frames that I added wire to the back to hang from the tree. I add more photos each year.
  • "Do I like horses?" from Susan of Grammy's House- I like horses but am not around them very often
  • "It (house updating) isn't easy is it? from Sheila of Note Songs -   No it isn't!  But if it were ALL done at once, what would I have to daydream about? I enjoy the planning!
  • "Where did I find the snowflakes?" from Kathleen of Kathleen Ellis - Would you believe, I got the snowflakes at The Dollar Store? They were with the Christmas decorations. When I picked them up my daughter looked at me like "Which tree are THOSE going on?" and I answered "placemats". Not everything needs to be used for what it was intended for!
  • "Didn't you just change your blog header? from Sheila of Note Songs - Yes I did! This is my first week of having my very own blog so I am learning as I go. So far so good, but I welcome any suggestions and recommendations from those of you who have been at this a while!

I enjoyed reading all the comments left by everyone. It is very humbling to get compliments from the bloggers whom I have admired for a long time and who are the inspiration behind me finally starting my very own blog!

Thank you to all  the visitors of  A Southern Daydreamer who left wonderful comments this week: Ahrisha, Alaura, Alicia B, Ann, Becky, Belle-ah, Blossom, Bo, Bonita, Carol, Cathy, ceekay, Cheryl Gail, Cielo, Darlene, Deb, ellen b, Envoy-ette, Glenda, Gollum, Jean, Joyful Dreamer, Kathi, Kathleen, Kathleen Ellis, Kim, Knitting Nice, kymber, Lana G , Laurie, Liz, Lynne, Ma'dame French, Mary Ellen, Melissa, Miss Janice, Once in a Blue Moon, Pat, pcb, philben5, Really Rainey, Rebecca, redsoxmom, Rose, Sally, Schotzy, Sheila, Storm, Susan, Susan, sjbraun, Tam, tar devil, Theresa, thouartloosed, Vicki, White Iris Designs, Xinex , and Zoey.

I appreciate all of the wonderful things you had to say! I hope you all will stop by again soon!

A big "Thank you" to my new followers at A Southern Daydreamer: (clicking on site name will open link in a new window)

1 comment:

  1. Good morning...This was a wonderful first week for all of us who read your blog. It was sweet of you to answer our questions. ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!