My first week of blogging and I have enjoyed it. Thank you for welcoming me to blog land! Christmas is coming (quickly) so most of my posts were Christmas-related.
This weeks posts: (clicking on post title will open link in a new window)
- Are you a Daydreamer?
- Don't you love Surprises in the Mail!
- Dining Room Table Centerpiece
- Tablescape Tuesday
- Dining Room Decorated for Christmas
- Decorated for Christmas: the kitchen
- Decorated for Christmas: the Living Room
- Decorated for Christmas: the Master Bedroom
- Is there a Santa Claus? (part 1)
- NORAD Tracks Santa
- Decorated for Christmas: Dachshund style
There were a few questions among the comments. I am not sure how everyone else handles questions, but I thought I would answer them here: (I hope I didn't miss any)
Comment Questions Answered:
- “This glorious decorating is all in your master bedroom?” from Bo of Blinks N’ Winks From Brown-Eyes- Yes! I love Christmas! I like to curl up in bed with the lights on in the room. For many years I only decorated “public” areas of the house……but the decorations have spread into every room!
- “How many trees do you put up?” from Kathleen of Kathleen Ellis- My kids help (put their trees up in their rooms). Total trees this year: 10 trees 6 feet or taller, 5 trees less then 6 feet tall, and 2 small wall trees (and I couldn’t do it all without my daughter’s help!)
- "Are those little frames you're using to put the photos in?" from Sheila of Note Songs - Yes, most are frame ornaments that I picked up everywhere. Some are simply small frames that I added wire to the back to hang from the tree. I add more photos each year.
- "Do I like horses?" from Susan of Grammy's House- I like horses but am not around them very often
- "It (house updating) isn't easy is it? from Sheila of Note Songs - No it isn't! But if it were ALL done at once, what would I have to daydream about? I enjoy the planning!
- "Where did I find the snowflakes?" from Kathleen of Kathleen Ellis - Would you believe, I got the snowflakes at The Dollar Store? They were with the Christmas decorations. When I picked them up my daughter looked at me like "Which tree are THOSE going on?" and I answered "placemats". Not everything needs to be used for what it was intended for!
- "Didn't you just change your blog header? from Sheila of Note Songs - Yes I did! This is my first week of having my very own blog so I am learning as I go. So far so good, but I welcome any suggestions and recommendations from those of you who have been at this a while!
I enjoyed reading all the comments left by everyone. It is very humbling to get compliments from the bloggers whom I have admired for a long time and who are the inspiration behind me finally starting my very own blog!
Thank you to all the visitors of A Southern Daydreamer who left wonderful comments this week: Ahrisha, Alaura, Alicia B, Ann, Becky, Belle-ah, Blossom, Bo, Bonita, Carol, Cathy, ceekay, Cheryl Gail, Cielo, Darlene, Deb, ellen b, Envoy-ette, Glenda, Gollum, Jean, Joyful Dreamer, Kathi, Kathleen, Kathleen Ellis, Kim, Knitting Nice, kymber, Lana G , Laurie, Liz, Lynne, Ma'dame French, Mary Ellen, Melissa, Miss Janice, Once in a Blue Moon, Pat, pcb, philben5, Really Rainey, Rebecca, redsoxmom, Rose, Sally, Schotzy, Sheila, Storm, Susan, Susan, sjbraun, Tam, tar devil, Theresa, thouartloosed, Vicki, White Iris Designs, Xinex , and Zoey.
I appreciate all of the wonderful things you had to say! I hope you all will stop by again soon!
A big "Thank you" to my new followers at A Southern Daydreamer: (clicking on site name will open link in a new window)
- A New Day Dawning (kymber)
- Bargain Hunting with Laurie (Laurie)
- Between Naps on the Porch (Susan)
- Beverly "Sand" Hills (philben5)
- Blinks 'N Winks From Brown-Eyes (Bo)
- Confessions of a 40-Something Mama Queen (tar devil)
- Fantasy Fields (Vicki)
- Happy Yarns (Knitting Nice)
- Interior Rooms (Blossom)
- Life at Ann's Place (Ann)
- Lynne's Gifts from the Heart (Lynne)
- Mary's Meanderings (Mary Ellen)
- Melissa's Heart and Home (Melissa)
- Our Creative Life (Darlene)
- Southern Somedays (Belle-ah)
- The Gypsy's Corner (Tam)
- The Project Table (Really Rainey)
- White Iris Designs