Monday, May 4, 2009

5/5 Happy Cinco de Mayo

image

Cinco de Mayo or the Fifth of May commemorates the 1862 victory by Mexican forces, including ordinary citizens, over French soldiers.  The battle known as La Batalla de Puebla or The Battle of Puebla took place on May 5th.  It is a day marked by many Mexicans and those with Mexican ties as an important cultural event. Everyone likes a party or fiesta - so put on your party clothes and get ready to explore the roots of Hispanic culture by learning more about this day in  the history of Mexico.

image

For more see wiki for Cinco de Mayo

I know some bloggers (friends) who celebrate this holiday….. so this post is for them! (Have a margarita or two for me)

Technorati Tags:

11 comments:

  1. Happy Cinco de Mayo to you too :) Can't wait to celebrate.

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. And right back to you! I love Mexican food it is my favorite. The hotter the better. You just received an award on my blog.
    Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, those party items are the cutest things! Love those plates! Happy Cinco De Mayo! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the party stuff you're displaying!
    Happy Cico De Mayo!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Cinco De Mayo to you my dear friend...May it be a GREAT one...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these happy colors, especially the lime green platter with the different colors on the rim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hap[y Cinco de Mayo to you as well!!

    Hello, my name is Raquel, I am postting my first 'Outdoor Wednesday' and I'm not sure how Mr Linky works or even where to find it, would it be on your blog later today?

    I am posting early because my internet at home is being troublesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful party set. I'd love to use those for our table tonight! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan,
    Let's see it is after 5:00 in my part of the world, time for a margarita! Happy Cinco de Mayo! ~Cathy~

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Southern California daughter married and moved to Ohio for a year. On Cinco de Mayo she called and was absolutely SHOCKED that there were no celebrations Anywhere Around!
    She was relieved to move back where they celebrate any reason for a party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!