Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5/11 Outdoor Wednesday # 122

OW_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1

It’s time for “Outdoor Wednesday”. Learn more about “Outdoor Wednesday” HERE

1. POST your outdoor photos and the Outdoor Wednesday logo/button on your blog and link back to http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ so that others will be able to find all the links to other Outdoor Wednesday posts.

Reminder: Do NOT link in until after your post is up.

2. Add your Name and the Permalink to your post (NOT your general blog address) in “Mr. Linky”. For help with permalink see HERE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This weeks I am sharing some random Outdoor photos from the last couple of weeks. I thought you might enjoy them!

A colorful ferris wheel at the Georgia State Fair ….

image

Firemen competing in a barrel roll competition at the Georgia State Fair …

image

National Guard color guard posting the colors on the National Day of Prayer ….

image

Abby’s Dream Walk at a nearby school.  Abby (age 13) was diagnosed with lung cancer 4 years ago…. (yes, that is Booboo Stewart, who plays a werewolf in Twilight movies. He took time out of his busy schedule to participate in the walk)…..

image

There’s a small park I drive by in town where there is a memorial in memory of Macon's Major Cole Hogan Jr. I have never driven past when there wasn't an American Flag there. Hogan was killed in the attack on the Pentagon in Washington, DC on September 11, 2001. It reminds me to be thankful for the sacrifices so many make daily for all of us.

image

Don’t forget to visit other Outdoor Wednesday participants by clicking on their links. Check back later to make certain you visit all the Outdoor Wednesday participants.

HERE ARE THIS WEEK’S PARTICIPANTS:

43 comments:

  1. I salute to all the heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post and photos, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. It is wonderful to have flags flying...an on-going memorial in honor Major Hogan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics and great occasion! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really did capture some great color in those flags and the ferris wheel...pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and a even more wonderful story behind them! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos...love the barrel roll photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting. Somehow I linking the wrong outdoor post, no biggie but i didn't see how to fix it??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos, I'd love to go to the Georgia State fair...my hubby is from there. Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice patriotic post and great photos. God bless our heros.
    Thanks for hosting Outdoor Wednesday.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the firemen in the barrel roll competition!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I re'linked with the right one! THank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If we pay attention, we notice there are all kinds of things happening outside every day. Glad to share what you saw.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love to see the flag fly! Nice post. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos - love the firemen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post... state fairs are such fun!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos. I really like the one with the firemen. Thanks for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks as if you have had a very interesting last couple of weeks. Great photo journal.
    Have an awesome day!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pictures give such nice detail of the wonderful event. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Susan
    You always have such interesting photos from your area! I always enjoy my visit here each week
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos, all so colorful. Thanks so much for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE the pictures! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. ALL of your photographs should make everyone so very proud to be an AMERICAN! Thanks for hosting the party.........
    Hope your day was great.

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, that colorful ferris wheel makes me want to go to the fair.
    Thanks for hosting! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the ferris wheel shot.

    All the best, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  26. A nice photo sserie, the second is my favorite, the high degree of action and movement.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a Fun Post! Enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Georgia State Fair! What a joy!
    Wonderful images!
    My regards from Romania!

    ReplyDelete
  29. fantastic pictures. I love the one of the firemen with the hoses. Great capture. Looks like a fun time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  30. A beautiful set of pics! My favourite is the firemen! Great shot!
    Thanks for sharing;o)
    Have a nice and happy day*

    ReplyDelete
  31. PS The green damask backround of your blog reminds me of the wedding that I just posted about...pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I said "PS" above as I thought I had also left a comment about how I love a state fair...oh well. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for hosting. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for sharing about the memorial. September 11, 2001 we shall never forget. Thank you for giving all of us bloggers a chance to meet at Outdoor Wednesday! Happy Wednesday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for this post. I look forward to Outdoor Wed and enjoy reading everyone's posts. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What amazing color in those pictures, Susan. They just FLY right off the screen -- so true to life. Wonderful shots, great post -- but how sad to hear of a 13 year old girl with lung cancer. There are so many things we just don't understand, and never will.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  37. Super images, Susan! I really like the one of the firemen. You can sense the action from the shot.

    Thanks for hosting.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for hosting! Great photos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!