Gollum at Designs by Gollum is the hostess for “Foodie Friday” (clicking on the logo on the right will take you to her site). It’s been awhile since I have participated in “Foodie Friday” (sigh) because life and the real world got in the way.
As the temperature outside rises I begin looking for ways to create less heat in the kitchen when planning what to eat. I thought I would share some quick and easy ones with you!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Ready In: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Steak Sauce (like A1), divided
- 1/4 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard (I use Grey Poupon)
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss meat with 2 Tbsp steak sauce and let stand 10 minutes you can also let this marinade overnight)
- Combine remaining steak sauce, barbecue sauce and mustard.
- Thread meat onto 8 skewers.
- Grill 6 minutes or until meat is done, turning after 3 min. and brushing occasionally with barbecue sauce mixture.
Bacon-Ranch Potato Salad
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Makes 12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 1/2 cup miracle whip dressing
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 3 lb small red potatoes (about 9), cooked, quartered
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled (we like bacon so I add a few slices)
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup thin red pepper strips
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Mix dressings and seasonings in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly.
Berry-Wafer cheesecake Parfait
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese (softened)
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 3.4 oz package vanilla instant pudding
- 1-1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping, divided
- 24 vanilla Wafers, cut up (I cut mine in quarters)
- 1-1/2 cups berries (blueberries and sliced strawberries)
- Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy
- Gradually beat in milk.
- Add dry pudding mix and mix well.
- Whisk in 1 cup Cool whip
- Layer half each of wafers, berries and pudding mixture in 8 glasses.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining cool whip
Sigh…. Now, I am hungry!
Have a great weekend!