Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11/2 Outdoor Wednesday # 147

OW_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1

It’s time for “Outdoor Wednesday”. Learn more about “Outdoor Wednesday” HERE

1. POST your outdoor photos and the Outdoor Wednesday logo/button on your blog and link back to http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ so that others will be able to find all the links to other Outdoor Wednesday posts.

Reminder: Do NOT link in until after your post is up.

2. Add your Name and the Permalink to your post (NOT your general blog address) in “Mr. Linky”. For help with permalink see HERE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We went to the country Saturday. We had a get together at my mother-in-laws family farm. It was a beautiful day. It was a little cool and windy but nothing like the northeastern United States was facing! Places in New York got over 12 inches of snow! I hope my friends in the Northeast survived the weather okay.

IMG_0107

IMG_0112

I have lived in the south many years but I had to ask (again) what the grapevines were…. scuppernog.

IMG_0124

The house sits on about 200 acres of land. I saw what resembled a little snow on Saturday…

image

but closer inspection revealed it was cotton…

image

image

Looks like snow to me…

image

Don’t forget to visit other Outdoor Wednesday participants by clicking on their links. Check back later to make certain you visit all the Outdoor Wednesday participants.

HERE ARE THIS WEEK’S PARTICIPANTS:

30 comments:

  1. What a beautiful farm! I love the way cotton plants look when they bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cotton fields! When I was a little girl, we would ride in the cotton truck to take the cotton to the gin! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a lovely visit to the country. I love the cotton fields and have never seen them. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother and I took a trip to Virginia and we saw so many cotton fields...I wanted to stop and pick just a few, but I didn't!
    Beautiful photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a cotton field! How lovely and interesting to see them up close. I would like to see one in person one day. Thanks for sharing!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the photos of the farm, grapes and cotton. It is so beautiful. I havent been out into the countryside this fall but it is always so beautiful.
    scuppernog is my very favorite southern grape. I love them much better than the better known muscadine.
    Thanks for the visit. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pics ! My Papa( what Germans call Granddads& Dads) used to grow cotton, He let me pick it for fun once .It was no fun, the sharp hulls will cut your fingers . But it is pretty to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is all beautiful. The farmhouse, vines, and cotton. All familiar scenes with the glorious blue October sky.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  9. that would be so peaceful not to mention gorgeous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photographs. Thanks for hosting!

    http://www.newjerseymemories.com/2011/10/snowtober.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Look at all that cotton! There are lots of cotton fields around us too but I have not noticed the cotton yet but there is a working plantation here that I still need to visit. Thanks for hosting, Susan!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those cotton fields bring back memories of by gone days.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's the kind of snow I would like to see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How interesting to see all the cotton. I've never seen it in person. It's something I now would love to do! Great pictures, thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for a place to play Outdoor Wednesday; enjoyed the cotton photos very much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun to see pics of the cotton field. I've never seen one.
    Thanks for hosting Outdoor Wednesday.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cotton is so interesting. The crops look scratchy from afar but super soft up close. So pretty!

    Almost up to 150 Outdoor Wednesdays - Wow!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Susan,
    Good to be 'playing' again.

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the cotton fields so much. awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so love those old homes! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love grapevines and cotton fields. I have seen them in Central California and in my neck of the woods. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooh, cotton fields!! I live in the land of cotton and I'm so excited to see the fields popping with the white!! Also I linked with my Key West visit! Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Spectacular! Living in "the North," I have never seen anything like this (despite the fact that my brother is in Atlanta)! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful old farm house. love it.
    Jeanni

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is so cool! This is why I love blogging. You get to see stuff that is completely outside of your world. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG!!! Who needs a bag of cotton balls when you can just go right out into the field and get 'em!
    Sparkly Hugs,
    Tobi and the Pixies!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've got 13 photos from South Beach Miami.

    ~ Jo's Precious Thoughts ~

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cotton is my favorite fabric. It's so soft and versatile. Love your photos of the cotton fields!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's Southern snow. ;-)

    And I'm always surprised to see vineyards in the South. I know we've had them for quite some time, but it always surprises me.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!