Tuesday, August 14, 2012

8/15 Outdoor Wednesday # 188

Outdoor-Wednesday-logo_thumb1_thumb1[1]

It’s time for “Outdoor Wednesday”. Learn more about “Outdoor Wednesday” HERE

1. POST your outdoor photos and the Outdoor Wednesday logo/button on your blog and link back to http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ so that others will be able to find all the links to other Outdoor Wednesday posts.

Reminder: Do NOT link in until after your post is up.

2. Add your Name and the Permalink to your post (NOT your general blog address) in “Mr. Linky”. For help with permalink see HERE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the kids said they saw a turtle on the driveway this week so I said “take some pictures!” It was a simple box turtle. It didn’t stay around very long before heading off into the bushes. I guess it didn’t want me to take pictures!

IMG_0042_thumb[2]

IMG_0044_thumb[2]

turtle 2_thumb[2]

turtle 3_thumb[2]

turtle 4_thumb[2]

turtle 4a_thumb[2]

turtle 5_thumb[2]

Don’t forget to visit other Outdoor Wednesday participants by clicking on their links. Check back later to make certain you visit all the Outdoor Wednesday participants.

HERE ARE THIS WEEK’S PARTICIPANTS:

26 comments:

  1. "Too Cute"! I love turtles and there is nothing at all simple about him, I find him QUITE HANDSOME... It's amazing how quickly they disappear when you turn your back...
    Have a fun week,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to see turtles around a lot, but guess building of new homes/businesses has run most of them off. Thanks for hosting again this week. My entry is a combination of outside and inside - hope that is ok.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cool! I live near a creek but I never see any turtles. Just lots of geese and ducks. Funny how he ended up on your driveway. Must've been lost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the poor guy was out of the road. I hardly see them anymore so thanks for sharing your pictures. Thanks for hosting.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that's an awesome turtle! I've never seen any around here. Thanks for hosting!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw...we find these guys in our yard all the time and save them for a day, then let them free. Glad he got out from under the wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I love the turtle and fantastic photography of it ~ ! ~ Thanks for hosting this great event ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There was one in my garden a couple of weeks ago. It was the first one I had seen in a few years. I'm glad to see them out and about.
    thanks for hosting....I appreciate it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love turtles!! I would so love to find one- my sister had about 5 in her yard for years. I think she is down to 1 now.

    Thanks for the fun party!!!!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love turtles too, and especially box turtles. You can count on them around here and I like the patterns on their shells.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems that the turtle did a good job posing for the camera before he disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love turtles! What a fun find. I've never seen one where I live. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love his eyes. Watch that turtle run. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little box turtle looks so cute from all angles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great shots
    cute turtle
    I like his face peeking out

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you were backing out on it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is that little guy?! Great pic of his face tucked in the shelling Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...that really is a big one. We see them a lot here in Louisiana...even had one in our driveway once...they can move pretty fast when they want to...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where I live the turtles nest in
    my back yard all the time.. just
    two weeks ago I had to stop my car
    and carry one to the side of the road..
    great shots of this turtle...
    Thanks for hosting once again
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the turtle. So cute. I wish we had them here.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  21. You got a good look at him/her!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So the turtle I lost 35 years ago went to USA to look for me when I went to Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!